Current Information on Travels to Croatia
01 July 2020
Please check travel advisories imposed by the government of your country of origin before making a booking.
To ensure a smooth border crossing procedure and to be entitled to use the so-called “Fast Lane” at the border, we recommend that you register with the Croatian Ministry of Tourism before your arrival. The required form can be filled out online: https://entercroatia.mup.hr/. Please make sure that you also have your identity card/passport and your travel vouchers issued by I.D. Riva Tours with you when you enter Croatia.
The last months of the Corona Virus crisis have been very challenging for all of us.
Fortunately, thanks to quick and strict measures taken by the government, Croatia was hardly affected by the epidemic. Public life, especially in the open air, has recently been restarted. Restaurants, cafés and open-air museums, as well as beaches, can be visited in compliance with hygiene rules. Since Croatia will probably be receiving only very few guests this year from countries outside the EU, a significant decline in the number of visitors is expected. After these challenging times we are looking with hope and anticipation to the future.
Like in many other European countries, all people in Croatia are required to keep the minimum distance of 1.50 meters to other people. You can find more information and answers to the most frequently asked questions on the page of the Croatian health authority: https://mup.gov.hr/uzg-covid/english/286212
It is very important to us that you look forward to your holiday with anticipation in times of the “new normality”. Croatia with its fascinating landscape and historical sites is more beautiful than ever.
Should you nevertheless decide to cancel your trip under the valid cancellation conditions according to the General Travel Terms and Conditions of I.D. Riva Tours, we offer guests who want to cancel their holiday and had booked own arrival or arrival with the I.D. Riva bus the following regulations up to 30 days before the date of arrival:
- You will receive a voucher from us with a validity period of 3 years in the amount of the payment already made.
- Alternatively, we offer you a rebooking to a later travel date in 2020 or 2021.
For cancellations after the above stated deadlines, the cancellation costs according to the General Travel Terms and Conditions of I.D. Riva Tours shall apply.
This regulation applies to all customers who have booked a trip for the year 2020 regardless of the time of booking.
Please send your inquiries preferably by email, stating your booking number, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We try to answer your request as quickly as possible, but due to the increased number of inquiries waiting times may apply.
Together with all Croats we are looking forward to welcome you soon in Croatia.
With best regards,
Selimir Ognjenović and Konstantin Gaitanides
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING OUR CRUISES:
- Disinfect your hands upon entering the ship and the saloon. Disinfectants are made available in publicly accessible places.
- On each ship, a minimum distance of 1.50 m between deck chairs or seats of guests not travelling together will be ensured.
- The saloons on the ships will be ventilated by opening the windows and doors and less through the use of ventilation systems (without recirculation).
- On every ship in the I.D. Riva fleet, an ionizer was installed in the saloon over and above the legal requirements. The ionizer uses the latest technology to clean the air from microorganisms. These ionizers are manufactured by the company Zepter and were certified by the German institute Gui-Lab in Mönchengladbach.
- At each change of guests, the cleaning of the cabins is carried out with certified neutral cleaning agents. The cabins are then disinfected with officially approved disinfectants. The crew will not enter your cabin during your cruise. The daily cabin cleaning on the ships of the Deluxe category can be made by arrangement.
- The air conditioning systems in the cabins use only purified air from the own cabin. Air conditioners and their filters will be disinfected at every guest change.
- In all public areas of the ships, the required spatial distancing of guests who are not travelling together is possible. The meals are served either in two sessions, or take place simultaneously in the saloon and on the outside decks, depending on the size of the group and the facilities of the vessel. The meals will be served exclusively at your seat. There are no buffets. Waiters and cooks wear masks and gloves during the distribution of the meals.
- We kindly ask you to show responsibility also during the swimming breaks. Please maintain the minimum distance also during swimming and getting in and out of the water. If necessary, a crew member will contact you with supporting advice in this respect.
- The welcome meeting on the day of arrival will depend on the circumstances of the ship and will be either held on deck, or in smaller groups in the saloon.
- Hands must be disinfected before going ashore and upon entering the boat. If two or more ships are moored next to each other, “right-hand drive” applies (as in a roundabout) - e.g. passengers arriving from land go in the direction of the stern of the ship, while guests who wish to go ashore from their ship head towards the bow of the ship, so far as the design of the ships permit this.
- Due to the greater effort involved in cleaning and disinfection of the cabins and the ship, embarkation shall be carried out not earlier than 13:00 o’clock. The Croatian National Health Authority HZJZ recommends that guests bring their own luggage on board to avoid excessive contact. If you should require the help of a crew member, he or she will either wear gloves or will immediately afterwards disinfect his or her hands. We recommend, if possible, only one piece of luggage per person, as well as one piece of hand luggage per person.
- On the day of departure breakfast is served from 06:00 o’clock, disembarkation takes place until 08:00 o’clock due to the higher effort in terms of cleaning and disinfection measures.
- Each crew member is trained in the above-mentioned measures. The health of the crew is monitored and documented daily.
Furthermore, we ask our guests to be aware of their own responsibility and to observe the following guidelines:
- Please do not travel to Croatia unless you are in perfect health. If this is not the case, please consult a doctor before starting your journey and have a certificate issued so that your travel cancellation insurance - if you had booked one - can take up. For the entry to Croatia you need your travel vouchers issued by I.D. Riva Tours.
- Please ensure a minimum distance of 1.50 m on the ship and on land and avoid crowds.
- Every guest is free to wear a mouth and nose protection on board. According to today’s standards, the wearing of a mouth and nose protection is mandatory during guided city tours. Please bring your mouth and nose protection in sufficient quantity.
- Should you require additional disinfectant for your own use, we ask you to bring this yourself.
- If you feel ill during the trip, please inform the captain immediately. Our staff will of course gladly provide any assistance needed.