It is not easy to set up routes at the desk that would turn out to be ideal for the entire season. Once an itinerary is advertised in the catalogue, the captain must follow it. Anyhow, our cruises among a thousand islands cannot be as precise as the Swiss Railways, but rather go hand in hand with nature. How can the obligation of a tour operator, who needs to describe the travel program in a catalogue, be reconciled with the experience that it is often best to decide spontaneously to stay in a sheltered bay to swim, or to moor in a small fishing village, the name of which never showed up in the printed program? Just leave it to the captain – spontaneously and without any obligation to adhere to the usual routes – to create his route, depending on the weather and to show his guests familiar sites, as well as hidden secrets outside these routes. This was the wish of our captains, who often tell us – “The happiest of our charter guests are those, with whom we discuss the program and the route together.”
In order to make this possible also for our guests who book their cruises individually, and not as part of a charter group, we have listened to the proposals of our guests and captains and offer special Captains’ Tours, following the motto – “Let’s trust the captain – he will put together an interesting route for us, because ultimately, he knows the sea and the Croatian islands best!”
Exclusive Captain's Route – the insider tip for individualists
The Captain's Route ex Rijeka:
* From 11:30 am to 1:00 pm, boarding time in the port of Rijeka.
* The itinerary is not prescribed, but created by the captain in a flexible way. Considering weather and sea conditions, he will show you his favourite bays and places.
* At least two nights in sheltered coves and small fishing villages.
* A maximum of three nights in major towns, visited by the route R1, possibly not on the same days as other ships.
* Whenever possible, the group will avoid meeting groups from other boats and sharing overnight locations.
* 8-day cruise according to the itinerary
* Half board (including dinner on embarkation day, and breakfast and lunch or dinner on the following days of your cruise)
* Welcome snack
* Captain's Dinner
* English and German speaking representatives during embarkation and disembarkation